Job description: Plant Supervisor / Manager
This role is responsible for all aspects of plant operations, including production, materials, project engineering, shipping, human resources, and business analysis.
The Plant Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing in accordance with cost, quality and quantity specifications.
A person must be able to multi-task various functions.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives for production.
- Develop and control profits, plans, and budget.
- Review production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Lead the development and implementation of improvements to increase productivity, efficiency, safety and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance and other operational reports to detect production problems and create and implement process improvements.
- Manage maintenance of machines and capital Equipment
- Hire, train, evaluate and discharge personnel.
- Initiate and coordinate inventory and cost control programs. Communicate purchasing needs with respect to equipment, materials and supplies to the corporate purchasing department.
- Prepare reports related to production, shipments, inventory, etc. from Logbooks or ERP
- Ensure associates operate in a safe, orderly, and clean environment.
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of products and directing testing during production, to ensure nished products are quality standards.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE
- BE/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with around 5 years of experience in related industry (packaging Industry or cold chain Industry)
- Advanced skills in ERP system and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling manufacturing projects.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to grow a team with the development in next years.
- Ability to set up a new machine on the production
- Ability to use Forklift or stackers
- Should be able to operate machines when required
- Knowledge in basic CAD (AutoCAD...) and graphic design software (CorelDraw) is compulsory
- Knowledge of Quality Control and ISO9000
- Very Good English communication written and verbal Compulsory
- Knowledge of French will also be an added advantage
Salary: INR Best in Industry
Industry: Printing / Packaging
Functional Area: Production, Manufacturing, Maintenance
Role Category: Safety/Health/Environment
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time